5K – Cheerfulness
Cheerfulness "being in or characterised by good spirits, promoting a feeling of cheer; pleasant"
If you are looking for a fun event, to do with family, friends or work colleagues then we think the Royal Marines Commando Challenge is right up your street!
You can also support our charities Devon Air Ambulance and The Royal Marines Charity too.
Our Cheerful 5k is a great starter event; you undertake the Royal Marines' own endurance training course at your pace.
This course is usually reserved purely for the Royal Marines trainees, as they go through the four tests to be awarded the coveted Green Beret.
If you have Courage you could take on the 10k course, but if its mud, fun and cheerfulness then the 5K is just the course for you!
On registering for the event you will receive:
- Regular enewsletters to keep you up-do-date with the event
- Training and preparation tips
- Fundraising advice and materials (on request) to help you reach your sponsorship target
- Blogs from current and past participants, event organisers and charity beneficiaries to help you with your training, fundraising and motivation
- An opportunity to join a network of event participants through our Facebook and Twitter pages
On the day:
- Team warm up with a Royal Marines PTI
- Royal Marines safety brief
- Royal Marines on each of the obstacles to cheer you on and add encouragement
- Additional marshals around the course
- Special gifts on completion of your Challenge
- An opportunity to purchase event merchandise and refreshments at our stalls laid on in Bicton Arena
- NEW FOR 2018 - events village - more information including large screen to watch competitors out on the course for spectators