10k - Courage
Courage "the ability to face danger or pain without fear"
If you’re looking to immerse yourself in the world of the Royal Marines Commandos then this is the course for you as it is the closest in distance to the one undertaken by recruits when training for their coveted green beret.
Coming to the end of their 32 weeks of arduous training the future Royal Marines Commandos take on five tests known as The Commando Tests which sees them test their Courage, Determination, Unselfishness and Cheerfulness, the four core values ingrained in all Commandos.
The the first test the Royal Marine recruits take on is a 9K course across rough moorland and woodland terrain on Woodbury Common which includes the endurance training course.
On registering for the event you will receive:
- Regular training and preparation tips, tailored by Royal Marines Physical Training Instructors (PTI)
- Fundraising advice and materials (on request) to help you reach your sponsorship target
- Blogs from Royal Marines recruits, current and past participants, event organisers and charity beneficiaries to help you with your training, fundraising and motivation
- An opportunity to join a network of event participants through our Facebook and Twitter pages.
On the day:
- Team warm up with a Royal Marines PTI
- Royal Marines safety brief
- On completion of the Royal Marines Commando Challenge you will received a souvenir gift
- An opportunity to purchase event merchandise and refreshments at our stalls laid on in Bicton Arena.