10k - Courage
Courage "the ability to face danger or pain without fear"
If you’re looking to immerse yourself in the world of the Royal Marines Commandos then the 10k Courage course is the one for you; it's the closest in distance to the one undertaken by recruits when training for their coveted green beret.
Coming to the end of their 32 weeks of arduous training the future Royal Marines Commandos take on tests known as The Commando Tests which sees them test their Courage, Determination, Unselfishness and Cheerfulness, the four core values ingrained in all Commandos.
The the first test the Royal Marine recruits take on is a 9K course across rough moorland and woodland terrain on Woodbury Common which includes the endurance training course.
On registering for the event you will receive:
- Regular enewsletters to keep you up-do-date with the event
- Training and preparation tips
- Fundraising advice and materials (on request) to help you reach your sponsorship target
- Blogs from current and past participants, event organisers and charity beneficiaries to help you with your training, fundraising and motivation
- An opportunity to join a network of event participants through our Facebook and Twitter pages
On the day:
- Team warm up with a Royal Marines PTI
- Royal Marines safety brief
- Royal Marines on each of the obstacles to cheer you on and add encouragement
- Additional marshals around the course
- Special gifts on completion of your Challenge
- An opportunity to purchase event merchandise and refreshments at our stalls laid on in Bicton Arena
- Event village - ncluding large screen to watch competitors out on the course for spectators