'MARINE' 10k COMMANDO CHALLENGE 5/6 OCTOBER 2013
|Fancy something a little easier? Try the 4K Fun
Not tough enough....? Try the 17K Endurance
1st, 2nd & 3rd in following categories
All Male Teams of 3 or more runners
All Female Teams of 3 or more runners
Mixed Teams of 3 or more runners
1st in Vets Category (average age of runners 33 years or more
Best Fundraising Team
On-Line Registration Tips
1. Team Captain collate all Team Members details - Address, DOB, Tel Numbers
2. Team Captain Registers his/her details & Team tshirt order (do not submit the form)
3. "Register another Runner" for each Team Member
4. Once ALL Team have been registered click "Submit Now & Pay On-line"
Whats it all about?
If you are looking for something 'a little different' to do with your weekend in October - then look no further than one of the most popular charity events in the UK - The MARINE 10k Royal Marines COMMANDO CHALLENGE. All you need is a good amount of GRIT as well as the DETERMINATION to finish and an unimaginable need to get covered from head to toe in the dirtiest mud in the South West - oh, and a team of 3 or more people - and you are just about there. Did I mention HUMOUR - you need bags and bags of that......................
10k Challenge Format
- Team to register at least 1 hour before nominated start time
- Attend mandatory Royal Marines safety brief approx 30 minutes prior to start time
- Team warm-up with Royal Marine Physical Training Instructor approx 10 minutes prior to start time
Entering couldn't be easier......
- Find at least 3 like minded dare devils who are over 16 (minimum team size 3, but no upper limit - in fact we get some huge teams of 20 or more such as rugby and football clubs and businesses doing a bit of team building)
- Download the Entry Form on the right and send in (no need to download the other forms as we will send a set of these to you for each runner to confirm your entry) or register on-line by clicking the button at the top of downloads
- Once you have entered we will send you all the documents you need to compete - such as Runner Info, Disclaimer and Sponsor Forms - as well as your dedicated start time.
- COST is £29 per person. There is also a minimum sponsorship of £60 per person for this Challenge - don't forget - it is a charity event first and foremost.
- Let us know approx what time you would like to start - bearing in mind the 10k MARINE is now available on Saturday afternoon and all day Sunday. HOWEVER - spaces on Saturday are strictly limited and offered on a first-come basis. Once Saturday pm is full we will offer Sunday.
- What to wear is always a concern for teams - we suggest you visit your local Army Surplus shop and get some old boots, combat trousers and shirt for about £15 - and if you plan to come back to do the event again you can take them home for a scrub - or chuck them in one of our skips at the event
- Don't leave it too long - we are stictly 'capped' on the numbers allowed to use this world famous Royal Marine training course.