2013 4K 'FUN' CHALLENGE IS ON 5TH OCTOBER 2013
|Fancy something a little tougher? Try the 10K Marine
Tougher not tough enough...? Try the 17K Endurance
1st, 2nd & 3rd in following categories
All Male Teams of 3 or more runners
All Female Teams of 3 or more runners
Mixed Teams of 3 or more runners
1st in Vets Category (average age of runners 33 years or more
Best Fundraising Team
On-Line Registration Tips
1. Team Captain collate all Team Members details - Address, DOB, Tel Numbers
2. Team Captain Registers his/her details & Team tshirt order (do not submit the form)
3. "Register another Runner" for each Team Member
4. Once ALL Team have been registered click "Submit Now & Pay On-line"
What's it all about?
The Royal Marines from their nearby Commando Training Centre still use this world famous Endurance training course on Woodbury Common near Exeter to train new recruits - and once a year in October they uniquely allow members of the public to find out first hand just what its like to take on such obstacles as "Peter's Pool", "The Sheep Dip" and the "Crocodile Pit" - whilst at the same time raising funds for our charities. Why not see some of the 100's of photos in our Facebook page or play the clip on our Home page.
So - if you have GRIT and DETERMINATION and a terrific sense of humour and want to take on this famous training course then this is the charity event for you - and dont forget that 'getting down and dirty' is par for the course?
4k Challenge Format
- All Teams (via Team Captains) to register at least 1 hour before nominated start time
- Attend mandatory Royal Marines Safety Brief approx 30 minutes before start time
- Travel to warm-up and start area in military trucks
- Team warm-up approx 10mins prior to start time
- On completion travel back to Bicton Arena in military trucks
Entering couldn't be easier......
- Find at least 3 (or more) like minded dare devils who are over 16 (minimum team size 3, but no upper limit as we have had teams of 30 or more take part)
- Download the Entry Form on the right and send in (no need to download the other forms as we will send a set of these to you for each runner to confirm your entry) or register on-line by clicking the button at the top of downloads
- Let us know approx what time you would like to start - bearing in mind the 4k FUN is now only available on Saturday morning. HOWEVER - spaces on Saturday are strictly limited and offered on a first-come basis.
- What to wear is a question we get asked a lot - so pop off to your local Army Surplus and get yourself some old boots, denim trousers and long sleeve shirt for about £15 and you're sorted. You can then take them home post-event and give them a scrub - or alternatively chuck them in one of our skips and we can dispose of them.
- Don't leave it too long to enter - we usually sell out each year as there is a strict 'cap' on the numbers allowed to use this world famous training course.
- COST is £29 per person. Dont forget this is first and foremost a charity event and has a minimum sponsorship of £60 per person (but we hope you will raise more!!) to help our nominated charities.
Click the button below to register your entry today!